The airline Eurowings carried out three first flights from Dortmund on Wednesday. The Airbus A320, painted in the colors of the Borussia Dortmund football club, was also used. This machine is now stationed in Dortmund.
The first flights went to Malaga, Alicante and Catania. Further first approaches with the destinations Naples, Heraklion and Kavala are on the program in the coming days. Eurowings will depart for the island of Rhodes on July 2nd. For the period of the NRW summer vacation, Eurowings is planning 280 departures from Dortmund with a capacity of more than 48.000 seats.
As part of the expanded summer program, Eurowings is now stationing a second aircraft in the Ruhr metropolis. In particular, the “BVB team Airbus” - a photo motif known throughout Europe due to its special black and yellow paintwork - will be a regular guest at its official home airport in the Ruhr area. The evening before, the "BVB-Flieger" was received by the airport fire brigade with a water fountain when it arrived in Dortmund. Today the Airbus A320 with the identification “D-AIZR” took off fully occupied with holiday-hungry passengers to the new summer destination Alicante.
The Eurowings summer destinations 2021 from Dortmund at a glance:
- Dortmund-Munich up to 11 times a week
- Dortmund split up to twice a week
- Dortmund-Mallorca up to 16 times a week
- Dortmund-Alicante up to twice a week
- Dortmund-Malaga up to twice a week
- Dortmund-Catania up to three times a week
- Dortmund-Naples up to twice a week
- Dortmund-Heraklion up to three times a week
- Dortmund-Kavala up to twice a week
- Dortmund-Rhodes twice a week